Monday, March 3, 2008

At my wits' end



Assistant editor Mike Weedon writes:

I don't think I have seen such large flocks of Black-tailed Godwits as were rising up from the RSPB Nene Washes, Cambridgeshire yesterday. I estimated there may be 5,000 birds in the air. So, to try to present some evidence of this count, I photographed one of the flocks (even though they were miles away).

I have put coloured spots on each godwit (grouped in 50s), and reckon there are about 3,000 birds visible in this flock. Add together another couple of flocks, and I think you could comfortably reach 5,000...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.